Types of Membership
ICWP welcomes and encourages a diverse membership. Voting membership is available to State agencies, Interstate organizations and intrastate agencies with water resource management responsibilities. We have established a range of affiliate memberships to accommodate federal agencies, individuals, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, watershed groups and companies in the private sector.
All of our members enjoy the following benefits:
- The chance to meet and learn from recognized industry leaders.
- The opportunity to share your knowledge with others.
- Participation in, and leadership opportunities on, our Board of Directors and Committees
- Timely delivery and analysis of information about Congress and key federal agencies, including EPA, USGS and U.S. Corp of Engineers
- Access to ICWP Website
- Opportunities to interact with fellow water resource managers
- Member discounts at meetings
- A federal affairs Roundtable, typically held in March or April in Washington, DC and designed to convey a sense of state and interstate interests and concerns to federal agency and Congressional leaders
- An annual conference, typically held in the fall at a location that allows participants to not only discuss, but also experience, critical and emerging water resource challenges
State, Interstate, and Intrastate Memberships
A large State membership is reserved for those members serving a population of over 5 million. These agencies pay an annual membership rate of $5,000. States with population less than 5 million, as well as Interstate and Intrastate agencies, pay an annual membership rate of $3,500.
Sustaining Affiliate Memberships
ICWP offers Sustaining Memberships of three different levels; Gold ($7,500), Silver ($5,000) and Bronze ($2,500). These memberships are reserved for individuals, non-government organizations and consulting firms. Sustaining members do not have the right to vote or be counted for purposes of quorum at members’ meetings.
Affiliate Membership is reserved for those individuals, small not-for-profits organizations, watershed groups and academic institutions who wish to join for a fee of $1,500. Affiliate members do not have the right to vote or be counted for purposes of quorum at members’ meetings.
Emeritus Affiliate Membership
ICWP also provides Emeritus Membership privileges to those members who have retired from State,Interstate and Intrastate agencies, and non-profit organizations after having served as a contributing member of ICWP. To offset the expenses for membership services and mailings, the Emeritus members pay dues each year of $35.00. Emeritus members are former members who are no longer active. Emeritus members do not have the right to vote or be counted for purposes of quorum at members’ meetings.